Account Director, 3-month freelance, Chicago Agency
JOB DESCRIPTION: ACCOUNT DIRECTOR (3-month freelance at a weekly rate). Full-time onsite.
End of Sep or through end of December or beginning of Jan.
REPORT TO: VP OF CLIENT SERVICE & SALES
YEARS: 10+ in relevant packaging industry
To input into, and drive client strategy and business growth. Responsibility for ensuring
that accounts are run to the satisfaction of clients and developed to their full profit potential
through account planning, stellar client service and effective management of a team of 10-15 Account Managers.
· Be the key contact for a large client and actively build solid long-lasting relationships.
· Drive client strategy and business growth through team and through contact with
· key personnel in the client business.
· Effectively manage and motivate a team of Account Managers through constant daily communication to establish and uphold best working practices.
· Identify development needs of the team to drive client service levels and guide through their development.
· Review and monitor client needs to ensure that the offer meets them.
· Input and drive delivery, client strategy, team structure and budget for the year ahead.
· Responsibility for size and make-up of team including budget, recruitment and training.
· Lead strategy for large redesigns and help guide team on strategy for other day-to-day projects.
· Present creative and strategic work to clients in a manner that engages and excites them.
· Attend meetings with clients regularly to ensure that the needs of all projects are met and that team members are fully supported.
· Attend to client needs, deal with issues and manage client expectations.
· Attend to internal needs, deal with issues and manage internal expectations.
· Attend to Supplier/Printer needs, deal with issues, and manage expectations when internal team needs the additional support.
· Work closely with managers of cross-functional departments on inputting, implementing and driving internal process and process changes.
· Check creative briefs to ensure all points are captured and are clear.
· Check team quotes as required to approve costs, as well as invoices.
· Oversee Project Management and delivery of the client business to ensure that timings are adhered to and work delivered on time and to agreed budget.
· Daily communication across all department – client service, design, photography, project management, production, retouching, prepress to ensure all departments are meeting client standards.
· Be a guardian for the brand, communicating out brand changes to the full internal team and working to keep Brand Guidelines continuously up-to-date.
· Oversee use of internal and external project management systems and budget/ project trackers to ensure all projects run and team is efficient in the tools.
· Drive and participate in key company milestone meetings and management meetings.
· Pro-actively chase new opportunities and projects that have yet to be briefed.
· Pro-actively seek to improve knowledge of client’s business to gain competitive advantage.
· Participate in regular store visits to review designs on shelf and keep abreast of market changes.
· Pro-actively seek new sales challenges or opportunities.
· Ad Hoc requests for Board as required.
Leadership of Account Management team.
Team building and management skills
Excellent spoken and written communication skills
Excellent Presentation and negotiation skills
Confident, tactful and persuasive manner
Excellent organizational and time management skills
Commercially minded with ability to manage budgets
Problem solving - ability to think on feet.
Pre-Employment Screening may include some or all of the following: Credit Check, Criminal Background Check, Past Employment Verification, Social Security Verification and Drug Screen (after offer of employment is extended and before start date). Company is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran’s status or status as a protected veteran. *If you apply or have applied directly with the hiring company, we cannot represent you directly to the marketing hiring manager. Click APPLY on this page or return to our website opportunities page to register for future opportunities http://agencyalacarte.com/.